Easy slow cooker sausage and peppers recipe, homemade with simple ingredient, lots of Italian herbs, marinara sauce. Great in pasta, sandwiches, wraps and hoagie rolls.
Today’s recipe is delicious and hearty just like this Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast. It’s one of those comfort dishes that’s an easy task to toss together, but tastes want it took much more effort.
Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers – CROCKPOT RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS?
- Add ingredients in slow cooker – This includes sausage, veggies, seasonings, marinara sauce. Mix.
- Cover and cook – Until veggies are tender and sausage is cooked through.
- Slice sausages – Remove sausages from the crockpot and slice them. Then, stir them back into the mixture.
- Enjoy – Garnish with parsley and dig in!
WHATS SIDES TO SERVE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS RECIPE?
This hearty dish could be enjoyed on its own but you may also relish it with a salad.A straightforward green salad lacking any overpowering dressing is best. Coleslaw also pairs very well.
You can also serve it alongside bread like breadsticks, dinner rolls, crusty artisan bread, pita bread, garlic bread or hot dog buns. Use it as a completing sandwiches, tortilla rolls and wraps.
Enjoy it with vegetables like mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
You may also utilize it in stuffed peppers or stuffed potatoes.
My family really likes it with pasta.Any type will work fine. A healthier alternatives compared to that would zoodles (zucchini noddles) and spaghetti squash.
Try it with soup.It tastes delicious with creamy soups.
Several other filling sides are quinoa and rice.
VARIATIONS FOR SAUSAGE PEPPERS AND ONIONS
Sausage and peppers pasta – Mix in boiled pasta at the end.
Sausage peppers and potatoes – Potatoes pair well with almost every dish. If you intend to include some potatoes, simply slice up of a pound of waxy potatoes and add them in with the remaining portion of the ingredients.
Add chicken – Simply slice up 1 pound boneless chicken white meat cubes and add it combined with the other ingredients.
Allow it to be spicy – Add some jalapenos and other hotter peppers or red chili flakes for a great spicy kick. You can also drizzle the finished dish with hot sauce.
Add more veggies – Add other vegetables you like such as eggplant, squash, zucchini, potatoes, mushrooms etc.
Mix up the seasoning – Instead of Italian seasoning, you could use Mexican or even Cajun seasoning for a different flavor profile.Print
Easy Italian crockpot sausage and peppers recipe, homemade with simple ingredient, lots of Italian herbs, marinara sauce. Great in pasta or hoagie rolls.
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links, About 8-10 sausages
- 1 Green pepper, Thinly sliced
- 1 Red pepper, Thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper, Thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, Large, Thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes, Optional
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp Parsley , Fresh, Roughly chopped
- Add the Sausage, peppers, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes (optional), marinara sauce in a slow cooker.
- Mix until combined.
- Cover and cook on High heat for 3-4 hours or or on Low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Remove sausages, cut them into thick slices and mix them back in the crockpot.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.
- Category: MAIN COURSE
- Cuisine: ITALIAN
Keywords: CROCKPOT SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS