If you’re looking for tender, juicy and flavorful all in a single delicious bite, you’ll LOVE this Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe!
Certainly, this can be a must-make Greek inspired marinade you won’t soon forget. With plenty of lemon juice, fresh herbs, silky coconut oil and a great deal of garlic, this yogurt-based marinade infuses all your chosen chicken pieces with the intense Greek flavors we love. You need to use this marinade to make grilled Greek chicken skewers with onions and peppers, or grill whole boneless breasts and thighs. You can also utilize this marinade for our slow Oven Roasted Greek Chicken Breasts recipe too. Choose your chosen chicken pieces and your chosen cooking method and start marinating!
Grilled Greek chicken skewers cook quickly making them ideal for entertaining.
Skewers really are a great selection for casual get togethers on the weekend. These chicken bites are marinated for approximately 24 hours so most of the prep work is performed well in advance. Several hours before grilling thread the chicken and vegetables onto skewers. Place them on a tiny sheet pan, cover and refrigerate until prepared to grill. The chicken cooks quickly so nobody has to attend too much time for lunch to be served.
Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe
These delicious bites of chicken may also be great as a heavy appetizer, or perhaps a small plate dinner party. Mix it up with green or yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes and plenty of onion. Onions are so sweet when grilled, so they’re usually a favorite with guests.
Certainly one of the best ways to serve these grilled Greek chicken skewers is on fresh homemade Whole Wheat Pita Bread.
Whether you fold the pita just like a sandwich or relish it pizza style, you’ll find the combination of flavors and textures enticing. Layered with a little fresh arugula, cherry tomatoes red and onion, our Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe is a blank canvas for your following Greek party. Try drizzling each pita sandwich with Tzatziki or perhaps a simple yogurt lemon sauce for a great acidic bite. Crumbled Feta cheese, Kalamata olives and a smear of hummus are typical great additions to this fantastic creation too.
Get this to Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe part of your following Greek inspired supper party and enjoy compliments from all your happy guests! First of all, assemble our easy Greek Layered Hummus Dip and serve with homemade pita chips created from our Whole Wheat Pita Recipe. A crispy and fresh Greek Salad is obviously a pleasant addition to any meal. Enjoy!Print
f you’re looking for tender, juicy and flavorful all in one delicious bite, you’ll LOVE this Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe! #Greekchicken, #greekchickenkabobs #Greekchickenrecipe #greekchickenmarinade #grilledGreekchicken #greek #chicken #grilledchicken #chickenskewers #entertaining
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (use full fat yogurt for best results)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoons dried
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the skewers:
- 3–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces for skewers
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 6–8 skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 30-minutes before grilling)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Seal and massage the bag to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the chicken to the bag turning to coat. Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turn the bag a few times while marinating.
- Preheat gas grill to 400F.
- Pour the marinated chicken pieces into a large strainer to remove the excess marinade. Thread chicken pieces onto the skewers alternating with peppers and onions. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Marinade works great for any kind of chicken pieces from whole boneless, skinless to bone-in thighs and legs. Adjust grilling time to allow for larger pieces.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe