This coconut curry chicken could be create in one-pot and is packaged with saturated in flavors! This curry could be reached in half an hour or less rendering it the perfect weeknight-dinner.
Now we’re using red-curry through this dish alongside yellow-curry powder plus a fantastic of coriander. If you are wondering just what coconut-curry tastes like, it is somewhat sweet, but largely savory with of spice out from the red-curry.
Red curry is generally create from crushed garlic, ginger, lemongrass, red chilies, fish-paste and shallots. We amp those flavors up with extra ginger, garlic, and onions.
Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
If you are not sure what to create for lunch, then this creamy coconut curry chicken comes through. It’s quick, tasty, and healthful! That is my children ones all time favourite foods, and while I often favor vegetables and this really is among my favorites also.
If you’d like a larger sauce, you then have the ability to eliminate 1-2 tbsp of the sauce in to a small-bowl & (using a fork) dip in 1 tbsp cornstarch till smooth. Whisk the mixture into the curry.
Please, if you recreate this Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe, don’t forget to provide me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!Print
Coconut Chicken Curry is packed with delicious flavors and is an easy one-pot meal. This curry can be made in 30 minutes or less, making it the perfect weeknight dinner!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil separated
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced (~1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves minced garlic (~1 and 1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger (from a 1 and 1/2 inch piece)
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste (I use Thai Kitchen; reduce or increase as desired for spice levels)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (NOT lite)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1–2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup cilantro and/or basil diced
- Serve over/with: cooked basmati rice and naan bread with additional lime wedges
- Optional: chopped peanuts or cashews
- Start by prepping ingredients: Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and mince the ginger. I peel the ginger with a spoon or vegetable peeler and then finely mince it. Thinly slice the red bell pepper into long vertical strips and then cut those strips in half horizontally.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes or until onions begin to turn golden. Add the garlic and ginger; stir to coat everything with the oil. Lower the heat to low and add in the curry powder, red curry paste, and coriander. Stir often for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Return the heat to medium high. Add in the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil and the red bell pepper. Stir for 1-2 minutes and then add in the bite-sized pieces of chicken. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste (I add 1 teaspoon fine sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper). Cook, stirring often for about 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is browned on both sides, but not cooked through.
- Pour in the coconut milk, lime juice, and brown sugar (to taste; I start with just 1 tablespoon). Stir until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear and it is cooked to 165 degrees F) and curry is slightly thickened (See Note 1). If desired, stir in the fish sauce.
- Serve over rice and/or with naan. Garnish individual plates with cilantro, basil, and/or crushed peanuts/cashews. Serve additional lime wedges by the side if desired.
If you want a thicker sauce, you can remove 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce to a small bowl and (with a fork) whisk in 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth. Whisk this mixture back into the curry sauce.
Keywords: Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe